CSED800A: Computer Science Colloquium A (Spring 2016)
In this course, experts on various topics related to computer science and engineering are invited to give interesting talks to students,
such as comprehensive introduction of recent research topics and deep insights on practical issues in industry.
(PIRL 422) : 054-276-5654, dylee90(@)postech.ac.kr
- Wed. 16:00-17:00 (Engineering Building 2-102)
There is no prerequisite.
- The grading policy is introduced in a meeting with the course coordinator and TA. The policy is also emailed before the meeting.
Students are strongly encouraged to attend all seminars and to participate
in discussions during lectures.
- Introduction to the course (Mar. 2)
- "Spatial Augmented Reality (SAR): R&D Trend" - Dr. Joo-Haeng Lee (ETRI) (Mar. 9)
- "Overlapping Community Detection in Massive Social Netsorks" - Prof. Jiyoung Whang (Sungkyunkwan University) (Mar. 16)
- "A Hyper-Connected Network Plan for the Intelligent Information Society" - Dr. Jaeho Lee (NIA) (Mar. 23)
- "Online advertising auctions" - Prof. Seungwon Jeong (U of Bristol, Facebook) (Mar. 24)
- "Towards Big Graph Processing" - Prof. Xuemin Lin (UNSW, Australia) (Mar. 28)
- "A Virtual Data Facility - Optimizing End-to-End Virtual Path from Any Source to Any Sink" - Prof. Youngjae Kim (Ajou University) (Apr. 6)
- "Overview of GPU Microarchitectures and ILP/TLP Exploration" - Prof. Won Woo Ro (Yonsei University) (Apr. 20)
- "Rewriting-Based Model Checking" - Prof. Kyungmin Bae (POSTECH) (Apr. 27)
- "Software Defined Network Paradigm and the Design of an Intent-based Northbound Interface" - Prof. Doan Hoang (UTS, Australia) (May 4)
- "Software Defined Infrastructure based on Open-source Software and Free Networking" - Prof. Sungwon Lee (KyungHee University) (May 11)
- "OS-level Power/Thermal Management (including Brief Future Hardware Research)" - Prof.SungWoo Chung (Korea University) (May 18)
- "The importance of the Information Technology in Aerospace Industry" - Prof. JoonChung (Ryerson U., Dept. Aerospace Eng.) (May 19)
- "Two Types of Newtorks" - Prof. Sue Moon (KAIST) (May 25)
- "Software Engineering in Google" - Dr. Justin Hong (Google Korea) (May 31)
- "Neural universal discrete denoiser" - Prof. Taesup Moon (DGIST) (June 1)
- "Protecting Computer Systems through Eliminating Vulnerabilities" - Byoungyoung Lee (Georgia Institute of Technology) (June 7)
- "Programming Systems for Heterogeneous Computing" - Prof. Byeongcheol Lee (GIST) (June 8)
Dr. James Won-Ki Hong
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
Tel: +82 54 279 2244
Fax: +82 54 279 5663
Last modified: June 3, 2016
This page is maintained by J. W. Hong. If you have any questions or
suggestions, please send email to jwkhong at postech.ac.kr.